Monday 28 July 2008

Faith In Fun

I'm in a theatre right now, watching a Harold that Ben's workshop group has put together. And the short point I'm making is this.

Watching people enjoy improv is fun. Isn't it? The show I just watched* may not have been terribly polished, or finessed (which is not to say the guys weren't good, many of them were, I'm saying that they're new to improv) but they were really having fun. And that was engaging and allowed me to see past any foibles.

Have you ever watched improvisers who aren't having fun? It's horrible. I guess I'm affirming the power of investment and enjoyment when compared with the traditional lone requirement of "mad skillz".

Incidentally, Orange, the UK mobile phone service provider are a massive, massive waste of time and energy.

*Oooh... chronology.

No comments: